Website Terms and Conditions
By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
If you register with our website, submit any material to our website or use any of our website services, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
Copyright ©2013 to current year; Virtual Angels.
Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
- We, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
- All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
It is not necessary to register with us in order to use most parts of this website.
Use of Website
This website may be used for your own private purposes and in accordance with these terms or use.
Subject to other provisions of these terms and conditions, you may:
- View pages from our website in a web browser;
- Download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- Print pages from our website;
- Stream audio and video files from our website; and
- Use our website services by means of a web browser.
Except as expressly permitted as in the above section or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- Republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- Show any material from our website in public;
- Exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- Redistribute material from our website.
Notwithstanding the above exceptions, you may redistribute our newsletter in print and electronic form to any person.
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this website is operational all day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime and accordingly we will not be liable is this website is unavailable at any time.
Where possible we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in Website downtime but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
You must not:
- Use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website.
- Use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- Use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- Conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
- Access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means.
- Use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
Your Content: Licence
Any material that a visitor to this Website sends or posts to this Website shall be considered non-proprietary and non-confidential.
We shall be entitled to copy, disclose, distribute or use for such other purpose as we deem appropriate all material provided to us, with the exception of personal information, the use of which is covered under our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
In these terms and conditions, “your content” means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law; and you warrant and represent that all other moral rights in your content have been waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our website.
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, un-publish or edit any or all of your content.
Your content: rules
You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material:
- Be libellous or maliciously false.
- Be obscene or indecent.
- Infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- Infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation.
- Constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement.
- Constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity.
- Be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order.
- Be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation.
- Be blasphemous.
- Be in breach of official secrets legislation.
- Be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person.
- Depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner.
- Be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit.
- Be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage.
- Constitute spam.
- Be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
- That is otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom.
- Which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website which is illegal or in breach of law as laid out in these terms and conditions.
Website Disclaimer and Limited Warranties
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Virtual Angels and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Virtual Angels takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
Nothing in a contract under these terms and conditions will:
- Limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- Limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- Exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this section and elsewhere in a contract under these terms and conditions:
- Are subject to the above section.
- Govern all liabilities arising under that contract or relating to the subject matter of that contract, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in that contract.
To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
Linking to Us
We welcome links to our website made in accordance with the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
By using our website you agree to be bound by the provisions of these Terms and Conditions when linking to our website.
Links to our Website
Links pointing to our website should not be misleading.
Appropriate link text should always be used in links pointing to our website.
From time to time we may update the URL structure of our website and, unless we agree in writing otherwise, all links should point to www.virtualangels.co.uk.
You must not use our logo to link to our website (or otherwise) without our express written permission.
You must not link to our website using any inline linking technique.
You must not frame the content of our website or use any similar technology in relation to the content of the website.
You must not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing.
You must not misrepresent your relationship with this website.
You must ensure that the website from which you link to this Website does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party.
By linking to this Website in breach of the clauses outlined in the section ‘Links to our Website’ you shall indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this Website as a result of such linking.
Removal of links
You agree that, should we request the deletion of a link to our website that is within your control, you will delete the link promptly.
If you would like us to remove a link to your website that is included on this website, please contact us using the contact details below. Unless you have a legal right to demand removal, such removal will be at our discretion.
Breaches of these Terms and Conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- Send you one or more formal warnings.
- Temporarily suspend your access to our website.
- Permanently prohibit you from accessing our website.
- Block computers using your IP address from accessing our website.
- Contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website.
- Commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
- Suspend or delete your account on our website.
Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using our website.
If you have given your express agreement to these terms and conditions, we will ask for your express agreement to any revision of these terms and conditions; and if you do not give your express agreement to the revised terms and conditions within such period as we may specify, we will disable or delete your account on the website, and you must stop using the website.
You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of a contract under these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of a contract under these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Third Party Rights
A contract under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
The exercise of the parties’ rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
Subject to the limitations and exclusions of liability section of this agreement, these terms and conditions, together with our Privacy and Cookies Policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
Law and Jurisdiction
A contract under these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Any disputes relating to a contract under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Nicola and Holly operate under the name Virtual Angels as a self-employed partnership.
Our registered office address is Bowler Barn, Bartletts Court, Bath Road, Littlewick Green, SL6 3RX (UK) – NOT FOR GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE.
If you have any questions about our legal information please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, if you spot a broken link, error or believe any of our information to be misleading or wrong, please contact us. You can also contact us by telephone on 01183 800930.
If for any reason, we believe an individual or business is using the services of Virtual Angels for what, in our opinion, we consider to be an illegal or antisocial purpose we reserve the right to terminate any agreement and, if necessary, to report the individual or business to the relevant authority.